With a new year comes a newly finished model. This time, it's a Chinook HC1 helicopter which I've been working on for just over six months. It's turned out quite well, and the pictures are up on Picasa. The only problem now is finding somewhere to house it which won't let it get disgustingly dusty.
Happy New Year!
I have been led to believe I started this model matchstick train nine years ago (when I was eight); a present from my grandmother. I'm pleased to say it's now finished!
Of course, that wasn't nine years of hard work. Anybody would be hard-pressed to get me to do that; it was an initial spurt of activity, followed by years of bits of the model just sitting on a shelf. I picked up construction again last year, and I've been working on it on and off since then.
Unfortunately, it's not as well-built as it could be, with several of the structural parts of the model not being square (or even flat, in places) due to mistakes I made all those years ago. Still, I think it's turned out OK!
Next, I think I'll finish off all those Airfix models I've neglected over the years. There are about three helicopters in various stages of misassembly or decay waiting for some love.
In GNOME news, I'm hacking on getting YouTube upload support into Conduit, with the eventual aim of adding a Conduit plugin in Totem to allow video upload to any supported video website. I've been having awful trouble with the Python GData API (again), but I think it's just about sorted now. I got the first video uploaded ten minutes ago, and it's cleanup from here on!