The DX hackfest, and FOSDEM, are over. Thanks everyone for coming — and thanks to betacowork, ICAB, the GNOME Foundation, and the various companies who allowed people to come along. Thanks to Collabora for sending me along and sponsoring snacks and dinner one evening.
What did we do?
- Alex and Simon worked on xdg-app, and it is now packaged nicely for Debian.
- The documentation cabal worked on developer.gnome.org and on various plans for future documentation tools using GIR. Philip Chimento forewent sleep and joined in remotely, which was very helpful.
- Christian continued pumping out work on GNOME Builder.
- Cosimo worked on xdg-app manifests, and also spent some time with the GNOME Maps team working on offline support.
- Team Glade worked on a branch of Glade for supporting ID-less widgets.
- Alex published something mysterious about combining GTK+ 2 and GTK+ 3 in the same process, which definitely deserves an explanation blog post.
- I discussed a possible future for the g_log() APIs, and spent the rest of my time working on main loop instrumentation.
- Lots of other things which I failed to keep track of, and which I hope people will blog about soon!