Monthly Archives: June 2008

Hitori version 0.2

It's been a long time coming, but here's Hitori version 0.2!

As a short overview, the new version introduces:

  • Dynamic board sizing (allowing for boards from 5×5 to 10×10)
  • Rendering improvements, a Tangoisation, and a conversion to use GtkStyle
  • Relicense to GPLv3+
  • A new user manual!
  • Improvements to the algorithms, halving memory usage in the best case
  • A new icon by Jakub Szypulka
  • A desktop file

Hitori now depends on GTK+ >= 2.13, so it may not be easily compilable on some distributions, which is an unfortunate side-effect of using the new gtk_show_uri function.

As before, please contact me to report bugs.

I don't really have any plans to extend the program any further, but if anybody has any ideas, I'm open to them.

Diary version 0.3

I've just released Diary 0.3.1. This is a pretty simple release, fixing a crasher bug, improving corner-case encryption behaviour, adding a French translation by Jean-François Martin, a swizz icon by Jakub Szypulka (and a corresponding desktop file), and finally adding basic search support.

There are no dependency or config changes with this release, so upgrading should be seamless. Any bugs should be reported to the Diary product on GNOME Bugzilla.

Update: I've just released 0.3.1, which is a semi-brown-paper-bag release to fix build failure when compiling without encryption support, as well as fix the desktop file translation.

Matchstick train finished

The matchstick train with its coal tender.I have been led to believe I started this model matchstick train nine years ago (when I was eight); a present from my grandmother. I'm pleased to say it's now finished!

Of course, that wasn't nine years of hard work. Anybody would be hard-pressed to get me to do that; it was an initial spurt of activity, followed by years of bits of the model just sitting on a shelf. I picked up construction again last year, and I've been working on it on and off since then.

Unfortunately, it's not as well-built as it could be, with several of the structural parts of the model not being square (or even flat, in places) due to mistakes I made all those years ago. Still, I think it's turned out OK!

Next, I think I'll finish off all those Airfix models I've neglected over the years. There are about three helicopters in various stages of misassembly or decay waiting for some love.

In GNOME news, I'm hacking on getting YouTube upload support into Conduit, with the eventual aim of adding a Conduit plugin in Totem to allow video upload to any supported video website. I've been having awful trouble with the Python GData API (again), but I think it's just about sorted now. I got the first video uploaded ten minutes ago, and it's cleanup from here on!